Good Morning Everyone,
We wanted to touch base with everyone and let you know of some changes that are taking in place in the department regarding the COVID-19 Virus. We have implemented some changes that you will see below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us here at the Sheriff’s Department.
• The Rutland County Sheriff’s Department is still working and responding to emergencies.
• We are contacting complainants via phone calls on non-emergency complaints.
• We have suspended all fingerprint appointments as well as all IdentoGO fingerprint-based services until further notice.
• We encourage everyone to practice good hygiene and to follow the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order that Governor Scott implemented.
We also want to remind everyone that Victims Advocacy centers for Sexual and Domestic Assaults are still up and running, they are just operating remotely. Below is a list of numbers to call
Vermont Network website: https://vtnetwork.org/covid-19-update.
• Vermont Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-228-7395.
• Vermont Sexual Violence Hotline: 800-489-7273.
• National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233.
• If unable to speak safely: Log onto thehotline.org, or text LOVEIS to 22522
• Rutland Mental Health: 802-775-2381
Here at the Sheriff’s Department, we realize these are tough times for everyone. Things are different for everyone and if we stick together, we will get through this.
Stay safe and Healthy everyone!